Monday, January 13, 2014

Fool Proof Closet Recording Studio

When I was getting the two songs "Fly" and "My Better Half" ready for auditions I found myself back in the bedroom closet with bedroom and connecting bathroom doors locked to prevent noisy interruption.  It was almost fool proof.  I even turned off all of the lights in the closet because I wanted as little noise as possible while recording.  The only drawback was when my son started vacuuming his room for his Saturday morning chores it sounded as if we were in the middle of an air show runway.  The main vent for the vacuum just happens to be right outside of my closet.  Ha ha.  It makes me laugh just thinking about it.  So funny!

While I was recording the song "My Better Half" I took pictures of my setup.  I wanted to remember my adventure.  My computer was enclosed in a towel padded cubby (not even sure if this helped in the least); I had a TV tray with homemade bongo drums (3 different sized plastic containers thanks to my sister.... YOU ARE AWESOME!!!) and a chair to sit my old aching bones down on while recording.
I really enjoyed myself.  I have always wanted to be a drummer.  It was fun to pretend I was one for just a few minutes.



I really captured the reality of the memory with dirty laundry baskets in the background... hee hee.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment