Sunday, November 24, 2013

Sharing the simple light

Of course the adventure of songwriting is going to have its ups and downs.  Yesterday I found myself battling some of those negative thoughts that come with this kind of endeavor.  I tried to just keep pushing through my day, though.  Luckily I can't even remember what the specific negative thoughts were, right now.  I feel like the Lord is watching out for me and protecting me as I try my best to take a simple talent and expand upon it.  I am so grateful for the gift he has given me because I find such joy in creating music and lyrics that are from the heart.  I hope and pray that somehow it will be of benefit to more than just myself.  I think the reason I hope that somehow these efforts will benefit more than just myself is because I think it is the Lord's will that I connect with others in this way.  He gave this talent to me so that it may be uplifting to others.  There is great satisfaction in knowing I have somehow pleased my God in doing this.

Image courtesy of SOMMAI at FreeDigitalPhotos.net



No comments:

Post a Comment