Monday, December 7, 2015

Monday Memoirs December 7, 2015: "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day"

To hear a sample of "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day" click HERE.
This past weekend I took some of my equipment from my home in Idaho to a location in Utah so that I would be ready for my band rehearsal on January 30th.  Because of this, I will not be able to do as many projects until after the New Year.  I am SO bummed!!  I still plan on sharing whatever I can, though.
In anticipation of being separated from my equipment, I attempted to see how far I could get on my newest songwriting project.  As part of a request, I began to play around with ideas for the Christmas song, "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day".  The idea that came to me was actually a mash-up of two different Christmas songs.  I put it together just hours before leaving town on Friday.   It is in a very ROUGH draft format, but I wanted to share it as part of my Monday Songwriting Memoirs anyways. Please let me know what you think so far.  Any guesses as to what the second song is???
How about you?  What kind of projects did you work on this week?  Please share.  Until next time... Happy Songwriting!

“Christmas Tree” by Feelart at FreeDigitalPhotos.net


                         To hear a sample of "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day" click HERE.



No comments:

Post a Comment