Monday, November 16, 2015

Monday Memoirs: November 15th Thinking of Rebecca Kuhnel


Image courtesy of Mister GC at FreeDigitalPhotos.net

I have recently started to meet on a regular basis, with a friend of mine, who likes to write songs.  She has written several piano solos as well as a fully orchestrated piece.  I have thoroughly enjoyed getting to know her work.  Her name is Rebecca Kuhnel.  It is such a pleasure for me to explore diverse genres of music.  I find myself being inspired to continue with my work as I meet and listen to her work.  I do believe that meeting together on a regular basis with artists who desire to create music or any other form of art is truly inspiring and motivating.  I would like to share with you a sample of her work.  This song is called, "Jayne".  To hear this song click on the link: Jayne by Rebecca Kuhnel

I would love to hear some of the stories you have, of people you might meet with on a regular basis, who help you be motivated to create.  If you have not, as yet, had the opportunity of meeting with other creative artists, I would like to challenge you to give it a try and share your story.  Even if your first attempt is an epic fail, we all have to start somewhere, and I would love to hear about it.  Until next time.... Happy Song Writing.

2 comments:

  1. So happy you have enjoyed playing this piece. You render it with so much warmth and light! Everything I hear from you is expressed so deliberately, like every measure shares the most important message but conveys a distinctly different idea within the broader idea/theme of the song. I have a great deal yet to learn from you...as long as you are willing. Meeting and discussing music and songwriting with you is definitely motivating and inspiring. I appreciate you so much! It's wonderful to have a friend who understands the beauty in creating music. You are so prolific, even with such limited time, you make every second, every measure count :). I have no doubt you will breeze through at least 100 new songs in the coming year. Looking forward to it! And looking forward to a little collaboration on a couple of those songs....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Rebecca. You are so sweet! I have really enjoyed learning and playing your original music, and look forward to more. I too am SOOO grateful for music. It really adds so much to life. :)

    ReplyDelete