Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Wacky Wednesday Challenge

I have decided to try having a theme to my blog each week to give me some direction with my posts.  I am looking forward to Tuesday being my day to hi-light new singer-songwriters with "Take Note Tuseday".  On Wednesday I would like to try an experiment of sorts as well.  I am not sure how long this will last or how well it will go, but I think it will be a fun experiment that might be adjusted as time goes on.

The experiment is this: Today I am going to pick a song to do a cover for and then see if I can come up with my own version in one week and record it so that I can share it with all of you next week.  Sound crazy??

As a follow-up to this experiment, the next consecutive Wednesday I plan to make some kind of music video to go with the chosen song to post on youtube.  In the end Wacky Wednesday will be a flip-flop from recording music to videotaping something to go with the song.  I would like to encourage anyone who is interested to try it.  It is kind of wacky to see what you can do with music in one week, but in the end I think it will be a great way to grow and learn.  I think the scariest part will be that I have to share the song or video in one week no matter what shape it might be in, even if it isn't my favorite.

What do you think?  Any one else up for the challenge??  I hope so.  I want to hear what others can do.  Until next time.... Happy Songwriting!!

“Vintage Microphone Isolated On White” by Just2shutter at freedigitalphotos.net

No comments:

Post a Comment