Monday, November 30, 2015

Monday November 30, 2015

Today I would like to reflect on a project that I was a part of last year.  It was a youtube video that I worked on with Brenda Duffin and Carolyn Brady from the band One Horizon.  We wanted to recognize that November being National Adoption Month.  We posted pictures of many families with adopted children accompanied by our very own cover of the song "Thousand Years" by Christina Perri.  When I first started working on an arrangement for this song I found myself being uninspired by the movie soundtrack this song came from.  I had no desire to be conjuring up images of Edward and Bella every time I sang this song.  As I searched for my own source of inspiration I found that the lyrics perfectly captured my own experience with adoption.  Here is a sample of the song with updated vocals.  I hope you enjoy it.
P.S.  Here is a link to the youtube video we made in 2014 if you would like to check it out again.  Until next time.. Happy Songwriting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment