Monday, November 2, 2015

Great Start

"Piano" courtesy of Salvatore Vuono at freedigitalphotos.net


Last week I shared a recording of the original song, "Moments of Memories" and told you I would let you know what feedback I got after sharing this song with Bobby and Tiffany.   Well, here it is:

After nervously singing the song "Moments of Memories" Bobby said, "Catrina, where did this idea come from?"  I notice that Bobby asks this question a lot and it is usually asked when he feels that the song he is critiquing has not been completely flushed out.  I knew right then that I did not get the point of the song across to him.  The idea for the song came from more than one place and as Bobby continued to share his thoughts I realized that I needed to narrow the source of my inspiration down to one idea.

Tiffany agreed with Bobby.  She said it was a "great start", but that the source of my inspiration did not come across in the song.  I was discouraged as I usually am when I initially get anything but glowing feedback, but I tried my best to get past the emotion of it all as soon as possible and get to a point where I could start making improvements on the song.  It has been an enjoyable challenge.  I look forward to sharing the revised version with you all soon as possible.

Having said that, I am continuing to try to allow what I have learned to help me as I wake up with musical ideas or find myself humming a tune and coming up with catchy lyrics just doing mundane everyday life sorts of things.  I hope you all will never give up on your chance at creating something beautiful.  When you do create something, please leave me a link to your creative projects.  I love to enjoy the work of others while I continue to create myself. Until then.... Happy Songwriting!

No comments:

Post a Comment