Monday, January 11, 2016

Monday Memoirs: January 11, 2016: Aloha & Mele Kalikimaka

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Year celebration.  I was in Hawaii for Christmas this year.  I have never done that before.  We had a great time.  While I was vacationing, I found myself waking up Christmas morning with some thoughts of a Christmas song.  I was focusing on the true meaning of Christmas and even though I did not have a piano to sit down to, I could hear the sound of the song in my mind and was excited to get back home to my piano.  It was one of those songs that just seemed to fall into place.

I want to share it with you all so badly, but I can't yet, because I left the damper pedal for my electric piano at the venue my band sang at on New Years Eve.  I will not be able to record the piano part for the song until a new one comes in the mail.  I plan on getting a recording on this post as soon as I can possibly put it together.

How about you, have you ever had a song that just seemed to fall into place?  Did you have any songwriting moments over the Christmas break?  Please share.  I would love to hear all about it.  Until next time... Aloha and Happy Songwriting!

“Hawaiian Sunrise” by Liz Noffsinger from www.freedigitalphotos.net



No comments:

Post a Comment