Wednesday, January 6, 2016

WaCkY WeDnEsDaY: Are You Up For the Challenge?

So, what is this Wacky Wednesday Challenge really all about anyways?  Well, it's really all about experimenting with music.  I am not sure how long this will last or how well it will go, but so far I have enjoyed seeing where the challenge has taken me.  I have definitely put myself out of my comfort zone more than once and it has paid off because in the end I have gained more knowledge about MUSIC (one of my greatest loves in life).

The experiment is this: Today I am going to pick a song to do a cover for and then see if I can come up with my own version in one week and record it so that I can share it with all of you next week.  Sound crazy??

As a follow-up to this experiment, the next consecutive Wednesday I plan to make some kind of music video to go with the chosen song to post on youtube.  In the end Wacky Wednesday will be a flip-flop from recording music to videotaping something to go with the song.  I would like to encourage anyone else who is interesed to try it.  It is kind of wacky to see what you can do with music in one week, but in the end I think it will be a great way to grow and learn.  I think the scariest part will be that I have to share the song or video in one week no matter what shape it might be in, even if it's not my favorite. 

What do you think?  Any one else up for the challenge??  I hope so.  I want to hear what others can do.  


As far as this week's post goes, I was so busy last week, practicing for a New Year's Eve show with my band One Horizon, I did not get a chance to do any Wacky Wednesday challenge for this week, but I do have some footage from one of the songs we played that night.  This is One Horizon's arrangement of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow". I hope you enjoy it.  



Until next time.... Happy Songwriting!!


No comments:

Post a Comment