Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Take Note Tuesday: What's It All About?

My "Take Note Tuesday" posts are regular posts I put on my blog to showcase up and coming artists who have family friendly songs and music that they are sharing on their youtube stations.  I also try to look for artists who want to create music for the joy of music.  It is so easy, in the music world, no matter what level you might be at, to get caught up in what is popular instead of what is meaningful.  Or sometimes, I think we can get so caught up in trying to LOOK good that we forget the real purpose of whatever it is we are trying to share.  I know I am guilty of this sometimes, but still, it is my goal to avoid creating things that are superficial or without substance.  If you feel the same I hope you will let me know your thoughts.  I think encouraging one another in this aspiration is most important.  Also, if you know of any music projects that fit this bill, please let me know as I am always on the look out for new ideas.  Until next time, Happy Songwriting!

Image downloaded from itsalovelylife.com

2 comments:

  1. Check out the National Parks. They are a great band from Provo. Good music and good people. My whole family loves them including my 2 year old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip. I just checked out their sound cloud station. They sound great! I look forward to featuring them.

    ReplyDelete