Monday, February 22, 2016

Monday Memoirs: Freshly Squeezed Creative Songwriting Juices

I have experienced a lot of ups and downs this past week, due to my homeschooling schedule.  My one and only student and son has a brilliant mind, but suffers with sleep deprivation, copes with a sensory disorder and autism and is currently fighting a bit of seasonal depression.  I never know what each new day will bring, especially in the heart of February when there is no telling where the human mind may wander.  Amid this instability I have felt a steady stream of creative, songwriting juices flowing in the direction of a cover song that I plan to share on Wednesday for the "Wacky Wednesday Challenge" post.  I am truly grateful that this project has brought me such respite from the emotional turmoil that has filled my heart as I have sympathized with and strived to encourage my dear, beloved boy.

My idea for this cover song actually came to me last Wednesday after my son suggested I give it a try.  I have not been able to stop thinking about it since.  It has taken over the songwriting part of my brain  preventing any other songwriting from taking place.  Today I am currently working on recording all of the parts and instruments for the song so that I can share it with all of you and still meet the Wacky Wednesday Challenge standards.  Be sure to check back in on Wednesday to hear a sound cloud recording of the new song.  :)

How about you?  In what direction have your creative songwriting adventures taken you this week?  Do any of you homeschool?  What trials or triumphs have you had this past week?  I would love to hear about it.  Please leave your comments below.  Until next time ...... Happy Songwriting!

“Fresh Orange Juice” by KEKO64 from freedigitalphotos.net



1 comment:

  1. I don't write songs...but I do homeschool. Sometimes we just call it a day and go do something fun, or clean, or drop the guys off at nanny's--and mom hides in the local coffee shop until I am refueled and be human. Then we school again. I have also found sometimes schooling is easier in evening (or even Saturday!)!!
    Cheers! Hope your summer is relaxing

    ReplyDelete