Monday, February 8, 2016

Monday Memoirs: Music Therapy

This past week our family experienced quite a lot of emotional turmoil.  I was able to take great solace in listening to soothing music.  I listened to all kinds.  Some that helped me cry, some that helped me feel peace and others that just uplifted my heart.  One such song, was an original I worked on over the  weekend.  It is one that I am getting ready to share this summer, with my band One Horizon.  The lyrics tell me over and over again that things are "Gonna Be Alright... Just Fine". What a timely message for me in life, right now.  This song helps me relax and reminds me of sitting on a beach, smells of summer in the air, and sounds of nature all around.  AAHH!!  What a perfect getaway in the middle of winter.  :) 

To listen to a sample of the original song "Just Fine" by Catrina Baum click HERE

“Flip-flops” by fantasista from freedigitalphotos.net


How about you?  Do you find that music soothes your soul?  What songs have meant something to your healing?  Have you created any original songs that have helped you heal?  Please leave me a comment and share your musical experiences.  Until next time.... Happy Songwriting!!


No comments:

Post a Comment