Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Say Something

As part of the Singer/Song Writer Workshop, at the Big Door, all participants got to participate in a "Song Critique Session".  There were two Sessions to choose from, the session with Jacob Lutrell and  Christ Crabb or the session with Bobby Rymer and Tiffany Alvord.  Today, I want to make my post all about these individuals in the music business.

First, Bobby Rymer.  I have actually been to other Singer/Song Writer Workshops before where Bobby Rymer was a songwriter music critic.  He has a few Workshops he participates in across the country including the Durango Songwriters Expo and the Smoky Mountain Songwriters Festival.  He works for a company called Global Songwriter's Connection where members can sign up to pitch their song ideas to publishers in the music business http://globalsongwriters.com/events/.  This is the second critique session I have been able to have with Bobby Rymer.  I feel like his feedback is extremely helpful and educational.  Not only have I learned more about how to improve my own songs, but I learn from all the feedback he gives to others on their songs as well.

Tiffany Alvord was already introduced in a previous post because she gave a presentation called, "Sining Your Story".  Her feedback was fresh.  I enjoyed hearing her perspective and felt it was worthwhile and helpful too.

Although I did not get to hear from Jacob Lutrell this time, I have received feedback from him before.  He has written songs for big performing artists such as Enrique Iglesias, David Guetta and Flo Rida.  He also writes and performs some of his own music.  Check him out on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Jacob-Luttrell-108972205801573/.

Chris Crabb is from a band called the Strike.  Check them out on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/wearethestrike or watch this video on youtube where he does an awesome cover of the song "Say Something" by Great Big World featuring Christina Aguilera. 

In case you have not already guessed, I signed up for the Rymer and Alvord session and will report more on that tomorrow.  Until then.... Happy Songwriting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment