Friday, October 23, 2015

Why We Do What We Do

Yesterday I reported to all of you about Tiffany's presentation, but I wanted to mention something she spoke of before she shared her 5 tips.  She talked about WHY we do what we do as songwriters.  She said something that really changed her focus in her work was when she came up with a vision.  Her vision in creating music is to, "Inspire others to find happiness and purpose".

I agree with Tiffany, having a vision for whatever it is you may be doing can make all the difference. I am apart of a band called One Horizon.  When Tiffany shared her vision I was reminded of the vision we have as a band.  We seek to Enjoy, Uplift and Become as we share our music.  We even got our graphic designer, Michelle Stott, to come up with beautiful word art that captures our vision.



As the author of this blog I find myself asking, "why do I write for this blog?"  The answer comes as another vision or mission statement:

"I want to connect with other songwriters and artists worldwide, encouraging each other to write good music and create good art."

What about you?  What do you do?  Have you ever decided to make a mission statement for what you do?  If so, please share.  I would love to be inspired by you and your vision. 



Here is a video that One Horizon put together to uplift others during the Christmas season.

No comments:

Post a Comment