Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Moments of Memories


Image courtesy of varandah at FreeDigitalPhotos.net


Out of all the songwriting workshops I have ever been to, I was the least prepared for this one.  I did not even know I was going until about 3 days before the conference.  Originally, a fellow band member had paid for the workshop, but as she was not available to go I went in her place.

The song I chose to get feedback on was one I have been working on for about 1 month.  It was a song that I originally had in my mind as a song accompanied by a guitar, but as I cannot play the guitar and did not have a recording of the whole song I thought it would be best to come up with a piano part.  I did this two days before the conference.  Needless to say, this lack of preparation brought along with it a whole new wave of anxious anticipation.  It showed up in my jittery live performance of the first verse and chorus and affected what kind of feedback I got.  Having said that, I am glad I got raw feedback because I think it will help me turn a "good start" into a great song.

I would like to have you listen to the recording of what I shared during the feedback session and see what you think.   Click here to listen to a sample of Moments and Memories by Catrina Baum!!  What feedback would you give??  Tomorrow I will share what feedback Bobby and Tiffany gave me so you can see if your feedback is the same feedback they gave me.  Until then... Happy Songwriting!



No comments:

Post a Comment