Thursday, October 22, 2015

Passion for Songwriting

When Tiffany Alvord shared her "Sing Your Story" presentation, she gave 5 tips on how to write songs that would be meaningful and relatable to others.

1.  Be Authentic
2.  Write the Truth
3.  Fill your life with joy and gratitude
4.  Follow your intuition
5.  Co-Write

She shared songs from her youtbue station to go with each point as examples.  I have included the song "Authenticty" from her station to go with the first tip.  I LOVE the tip she shared!!  Sharing my inner voice through songwriting is not an easy thing to do, but I want to keep trying and she inspired me to keep going.  One thing she mentioned was how being passionate is one of the most fulfilling parts of writing music.

I am very passionate about music and I have always loved creative writing.  It was not until around 4 years ago that I discovered I could merge the two loves together in the form of songwriting.  Ever since then this has become my passion.  It drives me forward and lifts me to greater heights.  I am so grateful for the opportunity to experience something in life that is so challenging yet energizing.  I hope all of you will continue writing and soak in the wonderful experience songwriting can be.

So, what are some of the things you are passionate about?  I would love to know.

Stay tuned tomorrow for more songwriting conference detail. Until then... HAPPY SONGWRITING!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment