Monday, April 25, 2016

Monday Memoirs: Creativity in a Spirit of FAITH

Ever since I was a little girl, I have possessed a belief in something bigger than myself.  Over time, this FAITH has never diminished.  It has brought me peace, hope and courage; even helping me face one of my biggest fears: creating and sharing music with others.  I know this love of music somehow stems from the creator of my soul.  A tender touch of respect and gratitude toward God is what further leads me to improve upon it.  Drawn to discover similar sparks of divinity in everyone I encounter, I thrill to see others talents and watch them grow.  This notion, is what causes my nervous and often shaky knees to stand and share amid possible jeers and indifference.

When I create music I try not to limit myself to one genre. The vehicle by which beauty and love from within are transported to someone else's heart should not be discriminated against.  My attempts are repeatedly exhilarating, exhausting and terrifying causing me to feel alive and completely undone all at the same time.

This week I had the privilege of working with a friend who came to me with any idea for a song one week before she wanted to perform it in front of a congregation of ladies for a special Women's Conference.  To say the task seemed daunting is an overstatement, but it felt right.  It came together so smoothly we felt a divine hand had to have been in it.  I made a home recording of the song to help prepare for the performance of it.  Here is a portion of that rough draft.  The song is called "Stand" by Candice L.  I hope you all enjoy it.  Until next time... Happy Songwriting!!

Click HERE to listen to a sample of Stand by Candice L.

“Dark Thundercloud On Summer Day” by radiant
I love the way this photo goes so well with some of the lyrics, "Stand Strong, hold on, though the winds may blow, yet I will guard you."


No comments:

Post a Comment