Monday, April 18, 2016

Monday Memoirs: Too old or not too old.... that is the question

To listen to "Just Fine", an original song by Catrina Baum, by click  HERE.

Am I too old to do this sort of thing, I muse to myself.  Maybe, but I still find myself returning to an even bigger idea.... even if I am it doesn't matter.  I almost feel like the reason I feel so driven to do this is because it is something I should have done long ago and didn't have enough guts to do it.  Now I just want to prove to myself and the world that I can.  I am sure this will not be the last time I have to face this question.  I think I face it almost every day when I go to work on any new music project, but it feels good to put these statements in writing because, ultimately, I strongly feel that any talent we might possess in this life is meant to be grown and the only way we can grow is by putting ourselves in vulnerable places and overcoming our fears.

 So what kind of fears did I face this week?  Well, for starters I performed one of my new original songs at a talent show.  This song is one that I actually shared a few months ago with a guitar playing the main accompaniment chords.  I could not get a hold of a guitarist for this performance, though, so I came up with a piano version instead.  It seemed to need a little something to lighten it up so I added a bongo drum to the mix. This song is called "Just Fine", but I also like to call it the "Sunshine" song.

Listen to "Just Fine", an original song by Catrina Baum, by clicking  HERE.

How about you?  Do you have any original songs with several different versions?  I would love to hear.  Please share.  Until next time... Happy Songwriting!

“Sun On White Background. Illustration” by lekkyjustdoit from www.freedigitalphotos.net





No comments:

Post a Comment